Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Year 5: Unit 4 Part 1


Year 5
Unit 4 Part 1
Goal: I like …

Warm up
Hello
            Hello
How are you?
            I’m good thank you. And you?
I’m good
Have partners volunteer and demonstrate in front of the class

Vocabulary
            *Note* there is a lot of vocabulary in this unit.
            Today’s emphasis should be on objects foods and fruits
Students should first go through vocabulary only say the name of the object
The students should then go through the vocabulary saying
            I like object
Students should go through vocabulary one more time, this time they should raise their hand if they like the object, and put their hands down if they don’t
           
Zombies: (english Below)
Game from Englipedia
概要:児童はゾンビになって "I like ___.""I like ___ too"  "I don`t like ___の使い方を話し練習します。

必要な教材
  • 単語のフラッシュカード
手順
  1. 単語のフラッシュカードで言葉を練習してから、HRTと一緒にゲームのやり方を示す。
  2. 3つまたは4つの種類の言葉のフラッシュカードを黒板に貼り、児童に10秒以内でフラッシュカードのどれか好きな言葉を選ばせる。
  3. ゲームの目的は児童がゾンビのように教室を歩き回って、ジャンケンをする相手を探し、勝負をする。
    • A: "I like soccer.
    • B: "I like baseball."     *ジャンケン* (B が勝つ)
    • A: "I like baseball too."   ジャンケンに負けた児童は勝った児童と同じフレーズを繰り返して 「too」をつける。
  4. ジャンケンに負けた児童に勝った児童が"かまれた"ということになる。そして、負けた児童の単語は、勝った児童の単語と同じものに変わって、他のゾンビに伝染する。
    • A: "I like baseball."
    • C: "I like tennis."    *ジャンケン* (A が勝つ)
    • C: "I like baseball too."
  5. 二人は同じことを言った場合は、ジャンケンをしない。
    • B: "I like baseball."
    • C: "I like baseball too."
  6. ゲームの終わりに、同じ言葉に伝染したゾンビが何人いるかを数える。
This game was ridiculously fun for the kids


Brief Outline: Students become zombies to practice "I like ___.", "I like ___ too" and/or "I don`t like ___. 

Materials Needed:
  • Vocabulary flashcards

Detailed Explanation:
  1. After practicing some vocabulary, demonstrate the game with the teacher.
  2. Put 3-4 of the vocabulary flashcards on the board and give students 10 seconds to decide on their favorite one.
  3. The point of the game is for students to walk around like zombies, find a partner and have a janken battle.
    • A: "I like soccer."
    • B: "I like baseball."         *Janken* (B wins)
    • A: "I like baseball too."      Students will need to add "too" at the end of the sentence.
  4. The janken loser has been `bitten` by the winner. The loser`s favorite vocabulary becomes the same as the winner`s and they try to infect other zombies.
    • A: "I like baseball."
    • C: "I like tennis."            *Janken* (A wins)
    • C: "I like baseball too."      Students will need to add "too" at the end of the sentence.
  5. If both zombies like the same thing they don`t play janken.
    • B: "I like baseball."
    • C: "I like baseball too."     
  6. At the end of the round, count how many zombies like each vocabulary word. 

Cool down
            Review the vocabulary and make sure the students say I like _____

No comments:

Post a Comment